Mixing equipment EPCm (Grangemouth UK)
Client: Ink manufacturing operator
Location: Stirlingshire, UK
Duration: 9 months
Contract Type: EPCm bespoke terms
This project was phase 2 of a total project spend of £5M, the project was split into 2 phases due to client commercial reasons.
This process was the Mixing of Pigments with other chemicals to create a Mill base of dispersed Pigment for the manufacture of Ink.
ScopeThe scope of this project was to specify and install technology to handle flammable pigment into a liquid dispersion, using a solids addition hopper, dust extraction, Netzch Epsilon Mixer Pump and a pre-mix vessel. The Pre-Mix vessel is jacketed and temperature controlled via bespoke designed Heat Cool Loop, consisting of Heat Exchangers and a recirculation pump. This dispersed pigment is then Milled using Netzch Mills to form a Mil base, for use in another part of the process.
All of this equipment had to be installed in the available footprint of an existing plant. With tie-ins to existing services for Power, Low Pressure Steam, Cooling Water, Instrument Air, Purified Water and Effluent. The Mills required a dedicated electrical panel, Control Panel and Control System, that had to integrated into the main plant control system. Instrumentation was part Profibus for AutoValves and traditional 4-20mA Analogue for Measurement devices.
- Pre-Mix and Milling Vessel – 316L SS, polished internals
- Bespoke Designed Solids Hopper and extraction system
- Netzch Mills
- Netzch Epsilon
- Heat Exchangers
- Magdrive Heat Cool System Recirc Pump
- Expansion Pot c/w Bladder
- Weigh Platforms
Engenda Group was contracted as EPCm provider, from FEED Stage, through detailed engineering and Design (incl Process) and provided project and construction management for the entire project.
- Process – P&ID development, heat transfer calculations, pump & tank sizing & specification, control philosophy development, heat exchanger specification, commissioning supervision.
- Mechanical – pump, tank, heat exchanger mechanical specification and detailed review of vendor design. Detailed piping design. In-house process vessel design and fabrication.
- Instrument / Electrical – Power and control system design, specification of instruments and power supply components. Installation and commissioning support.
- Civil – Drainage upgrades, equipment plinths, structural supports
- Construction Supervision – On-site daily supervision of installation by multiple contractors.